Sunday, January 20, 2019

Priorities

I need to prioritize my life.  I have always looked at it like, what is it that I have to give up to get something I want more.  That's my problem.  I want to be healthy, but I want butter brickle ice cream more.  I want to read my bible, but I want to sleep more.  I want to exercise, but I want to relax and do nothing more.  Doing what's right versus doing what feels good in the moment.  I guess if I look back at my last 40 years, I can say in all honesty, I like to do what feels good in the moment.  This is going to be a good challenge, changing my entire mindset, doing something I have never made a habit of doing.  Prioritizing what is right for me, and not giving in to the temptations that are lurking. I have never looked at things as a choice of what is better in the long run, I have always looked at the immediate here and now, instant gratification... that's me.  And that has got to change...

Mark 14:38  Stay awake and pray for strength against temptation.  The spirit wants to do what is right, but the body is weak.

1 Corinthians 10:13 God is faithful.  He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment